Friday, November 2, 2012

nanowrimo 1st day experience

The 1st day of nanowrimo started inauspiciously with me waking up exhausted from a much interrupted night of sleep, getting to work late and not having a chance to sit down and write a sentence until after Munchkin went to sleep at 7:30pm. Husband was home from work by 8:30pm with a toothache. I tried to be sympathetic, but I'm friggin' serious about this novel. Take some Advil and visit the dentist.

While I thought I had the first chapter pretty well mapped out in my head, it still took hours to knock out four pages. I don't have hours. I'll have to learn to get my words done in one to two hours max. I didn't make it to my goal of 1600 words yesterday, but 1100 is nonetheless respectable.

Lesson: Think less, write faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment