Friday, November 1, 2013

Back on the NaNoWriMo merry-go-round

So. It's been one year since I started my novel. On November 1, 2012 I started to write about this "fun idea" I had. I didn't make the nanowrimo goal of 50,000 words, but I got a respectable 20,000 words in that month. Over the next eleven months I wrote another 84,000 words, mostly on Saturday mornings. A couple of weeks ago I finished the damned thing and sent it out to a few people to read. This past weekend was the first in ages where I didn't write. It felt weird. Unmoored and untethered. I've determined that I shall put the novel out of my mind until people get back to me with their reviews. Initial comments are promising.

Now. This is the first day of nanowrimo and I have no idea of what I will work on. I'm sure it will come to me.

Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment