Monday, January 16, 2012

A Sweet Escape

I'll be honest, I'm not in a writing mood. I was at home all day with a discontented toddler and it was too cold to venture outside so there wasn't even the option of breaking up the day by taking a trip to the store. I feel sapped physically and mentally. Now that Hubby is home to watch Munchkin, I have a couple of hours to myself. Bliss! If I was smart, I'd take a nap. If I was diligent, I'd clean the house. I'm neither of those things. So even though I'm in no mood to write, I will sit in this Starbucks and pound out a 1,000 words, sitting next to college students who have no idea how lucky they are to be lounging in this little den of caffeinated luxury. Writing has become a reward and an escape.

Update: That was the worst 1,000 words I've ever written. At least it's there and maybe something decent can be made of it later.

Current count: 22,177 words and 71 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment